The motivation to lose weight is not just a picture of a super slim model on the fridge. A good attitude to lose weight is everyone’s business and it’s not an easy task. Books often offer something that isn’t very appropriate for a particular person, so most of us can’t "sit down" on a diet to get used to constant physical activity. However, psychologists have long studied general patterns of motivation, and today we try to apply that knowledge to lose weight. .
Motivation emotional stress
This motivation is described in the work of the Doctor of Nutrition and his supporters. It will fit the girls who are obsessively looking at their looks, their fashion, and everyone who has given up on themselves and their lives.
He thinks you need to convince yourself to lose weight for your own health. This motivational technique is quite effective in losing weight. It helps highlight the main thing you’re struggling with and directs your attention to unhealthy weight loss with normal, doctor-recommended methods. Step by step for motivation:
- Take the test and ask your doctor to tell you in detail about the health risks of being overweight.
- Think about what you can and cannot do if you gain weight and your health deteriorates. Believe me, adhering to short-term diets without switching to a healthy and rational diet guarantees weight gain.
- Understand that you need to lose weight in order to stay as active and strong as possible.
- Choose a diet plan recommended by a dietitian and follow it.
- Don’t "brag" about your first results. Track your well-being, continue to lose weight according to your own plan until you get results.
Rational motivation for effective weight loss
This technique belongs to D. Beck, a cognitive therapist, suitable for those who like to control everything, plan, write lists, set goals.
- Make a list of things you can do after losing weight, but you can’t do it yet. Write anything you want here, from important things like having a baby to small whims like buying a lace miniskirt.
- Write down the most important points from the list on a card that you always take with you and read from time to time.
- Be sure to read your motivation card again before each meal.
- Set yourself a specific goal, but don’t tie it to weight. For example, "I stop adding sugar to drinks, I eat cakes for lunch, I take healthy snacks with me to the office, and I do it all before the end of October. "The goal can also be to follow a diet.
- Write separate activities for your goal to achieve them, these will be the tasks. So, for example, if your goal is to drink unsweetened coffee instead of sweet, your job on Monday would be to put 1 tablespoon less in it, on Tuesday - 2, Wednesday - replace the remaining sugar with a stevia extract pill, and you like it.
- Try not to overload yourself and your body, do not set many goals at once. The optimal for weight loss - 2 or 3 goals for 1 month, so you can return or learn healthy habits.
- Write down goals, tasks, specific activities in a special booklet. Draw the sheet in half, fill in the columns called "plan" and "fact. "
Visualization for weight loss
Visualization is the visual representation of something. The visualization of desires is the visual representation of the desired. Displaying your body the way you want it forces your subconscious to align your body as much as possible with the mental image you create.
This technique is derived from the systems of positive psychology, A. Sviyash and L. Hay. Suitable for visual worlds, creative people who can be inspired by beauty, not health.
How to lose weight with this motivation:
- Think in the brightest details about how happy and interesting you will be after losing weight.
- Sit down at the table and write a motivational story in 1st person about what you’re going to do after losing weight.
- You can make a whole collage of magazine photos, you can take a photo story about your future life.
- If you look in the mirror, convince yourself that you deserve a wonderful, vibrant life.
- Start doing everything as if you have already lost weight. If you’re dreaming of going on a trip - go for it right away if you want to refresh your wardrobe - buy a few stylish things.
- Re-read your story of lean life in the morning and evening, backed up by dreams.
- Imagine yourself thinner or use a thin collage for this purpose.
- "Scroll" the visualization as soon as you're lazy in the morning to do exercises or feel the urge for fast food.
- Choose the weight loss method that is most natural for you.
Here we have analyzed the most popular motivations for weight loss, these are:
- emotionally stressful;
The choice, as always, is yours.