Today, the egg diet is a popular method of weight loss, both among ordinary housewives and celebrities. A few years ago, many doctors unanimously argued that eggs are an unhealthy product because they contain a high percentage of cholesterol, the accumulation of which causes the development of atherosclerosis. Currently, scientists have changed their minds. The fact is that the harms of consuming eggs are disproportionate to the benefits.
Eggs are a very nutritious and low-calorie product that contains many vitamins that preserve the beauty of your nails and skin as well as improve your metabolism. Vitamin A - improves the body's defenses, vitamin E is a fairly strong antioxidant, vitamin D - strengthens teeth and bone tissue, etc. In addition to vitamins, eggs also contain minerals such as zinc, phosphorus, iron, iodine, potassium and sulfur.
In short, the egg diet is an ideal dietary system to not only lose the extra pounds, but also improve the health that almost every second inhabitant of our planet needs.
What foods can be used in the egg diet?
According to opinions, a diet to lose weight is quite democratic - you can consume fruits and vegetables that contain a lot of plant fiber and natural antioxidants. Eat vegetables (except potatoes) preferably fresh or cooked, but without oil. Onions can be added to vegetables, garlic, various spices and a little salt.
In addition, nutrition experts recommend including low-fat cheese or low-fat cottage cheese in your egg diet menu. As for the liquid, green and herbal tea should be present in the daily diet.
During the above diet, the fruits should be rotated - eat pears one day and apples the next. In order to get the most positive results from your egg diet, you should drink about two liters of clean water a day.
What foods should be avoided?
It is strictly forbidden to eat fatty foods, sausages, mayonnaise, fatty sour cream and other high-calorie foods during a weight-loss egg diet.
Do not use grapes, mangoes, bananas, figs and dates in the fruit category. Alcoholic and carbonated beverages, sugar, flour and confectionery should also be excluded from the diet.
Advantages and disadvantages of an egg diet
The benefits of this diet are:
- Eggs contain huge amounts of trace elements that have a beneficial effect on our health.
- Such a diet dampens the "nostalgia" for sweet foods by balancing blood sugar levels. Opinions on the egg diet show that a competent approach to this weight loss technique will help you get rid of mood swings as well as your dependence on regular sweets.
- The diet menu includes adequate amounts of vegetables and fruits, the fibers of which ensure good bowel function.
- Such a diet helps to develop a systematic diet.
- Breakfast with grapefruit and a few eggs is very satisfying.
- The egg diet makes it easier for you to switch to a wholesome and healthy diet.
Disadvantages of the egg diet for weight loss:
- Egg diet (according to some experts) causes a decrease in thyroid hormone secretion, the absence of which is characterized by the following symptoms: constant fatigue, general depression, dry skin and pallor, headache.
- Egg white can cause an allergic reaction and skin rashes.
- A long-term egg diet can lead to "bodybuilding syndrome" - slowing of body reactions, hypothyroidism, muscle breakdown and critical exhaustion.
egg diet results
The typical result of egg diets is weight loss - three to ten kilograms. In obese individuals, quantities "fall. "Anyone who "tries out" this weight loss system should remember that the result of an egg diet can "evaporate" immediately if you return to your previous diet after it expires, full of extra calories and simple carbs.
At the end of your diet, it’s important to get out of it properly and not start using everything in a row. It is better to add soups and some healthy foods to your diet.
Studies have shown that those who eat eggs for breakfast lose weight faster. This is due to the rapid saturation of the body and the persistent lack of hunger. The egg diet works and helps you get rid of extra pounds.
3-day egg diet
This diet is designed for two to three days. Excess weight of 0, 6-1 kilograms can be lost per day. The daily diet of the egg diet includes the following ingredients: grapefruit, hard-boiled eggs, green tea (no sugar only) and water (unlimited amounts).
Eggs diet menu for four weeks
This menu is repeated for four weeks.
- Breakfast: a couple of boiled eggs, half a grapefruit, natural coffee without sugar.
- Lunch: two eggs, vegetable salad, green or herbal tea.
- Dinner: vinaigrette (without oil), half grapefruit, a couple of eggs.
- Breakfast: eggs and grapefruit.
- Lunch: same as breakfast.
- Dinner: starch-free vegetables (cucumbers, tomatoes, celery), 100-200 grams of dietary meat (grilled, steamed or cooked).
- Breakfast: grapefruit and eggs.
- Lunch: boiled spinach and a few eggs.
- Dinner: cabbage-beet salad (without oil), 100 grams of cottage cheese and two eggs.
- Breakfast: same as always.
- Lunch: broccoli and eggs.
- Dinner: vinaigrette without potatoes, 100-200 grams of steamed fish.
- Breakfast: grapefruit and a few eggs.
- Lunch: boiled spinach and eggs.
- Dinner: same as yesterday.
- Breakfast: two eggs and half a grapefruit.
- Lunch: fruit salad without grapes and bananas, spiced with natural yoghurt.
- Dinner: a small piece of grilled beef, vegetable salad (without oil).
- Breakfast: as usual.
- Lunch: 200 grams of chicken breast, tomato salad, grapefruit.
- Dinner: vegetable salad (cucumber, celery and tomatoes), chicken breast.