A low calorie diet is an effective way to overcome obesity. It's simple. Available products and simple recipes are used, but such a nutritional system requires a special approach as there is a risk of hungry fainting.
The human body gets energy from the food it eats. The lack of calories from food forces the use of existing fat reserves. Only a reduction in daily caloric intake can lead to such a situation. In one case it is recommended to reduce carbohydrate intake, in the other - fats or proteins.
A person needs to spend more calories than they get. To this end, you need to increase physical activity and reduce the caloric content of your daily diet. Nutrient deficiency offers the body a choice: it can consume either fat or protein. The second option is not recommended because connective tissue and muscle tissue that perform important functions are consumed.
In the early days, weight loss is due to the release of excess water and harmful substances. Normalization of digestion leads to an improvement in blood composition. As a result, oxygen enters the tissues much faster (the rate at which fat is broken down depends on it).
The effectiveness of the process depends on the daily caloric intake and the duration of the diet. Over the next week, your weight decreases more slowly as the body gets rid of excess fluid and begins to consume adipose tissue.
Principles of a low calorie diet
Strict adherence to these rules will allow you to achieve results in the shortest possible time:
- Fragmented food. It is recommended to eat small meals 5-6 times a day.
- Adherence to the water balance. At least 2-2, 5 liters of fluid should be drunk daily.
- The amount of fat consumed per day should not exceed 80 g (preference should be given to products of plant origin).
- The amount of complex carbohydrates should not exceed 100 g per day (nuts, fruits and vegetables).
- Proteins need to be the basis of nutrition as muscle tissue is formed from them and a lot of energy is spent on digestion.
- Dietary cooking methods: boiling, baking, steaming and steaming.
- First catches should include a minimum amount of cereals and potatoes. It is allowed to cook lean soups a few times a week (maximum dose 300 g).
- You should eat 2 boiled eggs a day.
- Fast carbs (sweets) are completely excluded from the menu.
- The use of alcoholic beverages is prohibited as they contain a lot of calories.
- The use of fatty acids in foods containing cholesterol (butter, egg yolk, hard cheese, fat) is reduced.
- The amount of salt consumed is reduced to 4 g per day. It is recommended to replace the simple salt with iodized salt.
- Foods that increase appetite (spices, pickles, spices, canned food, smoked meats) should be avoided.
- It is recommended to take vitamin complexes to make up for the lack of nutrients.
- The last dinner must be held no later than 4 hours before bedtime.
How to calculate the caloric content of foods?
Principles for calculating the energy value of vessels:
- You can read the product information on its packaging.
- If there is no packaging, you should search the internet for calorie information. For a more accurate result, it is recommended to compare data from multiple sources.
- You can use applications that apply to all products. This saves a lot of time.
- The composite vessel must be broken down into individual products and each component must be weighed separately. Calculate the caloric content of each product and add up the numbers obtained.
Products are only measured raw. When the pot is ready, no calculations are performed.
During the diet, it is recommended to use a special diary in which you should enter all the foods you eat, taking into account their caloric content.
The following products may be included in the low-calorie menu:
- groats (pearl barley, buckwheat);
- lean meat, fish and poultry;
- steamed meatballs and slices;
- egg white;
- vegetable soups in low fat broth;
- bread (coarsely ground, rye, with bran);
- vegetables (raw or cooked in a double boiler);
- low calorie fruits (orange, apple);
- unsweetened beverages (tea, coffee, juice);
- fermented dairy products (kefir, yogurt, cheese).
- rich cakes, white bread;
- milk, sweet and fatty dairy products;
- fatty meat and poultry;
- sausages (smoked and cooked);
- canned (meat and fish);
- fatty, smoked and salted fish;
- egg yolk, scrambled eggs;
- cereals (oats, rice, semolina);
- sweet fruits (bananas, figs, grapes);
- sweet juices, jellies, compotes, ice cream, jam, honey;
- mayonnaise and ketchup;
- animal and cooking fats;
- carrots and beets may be consumed in limited quantities.
How many pounds can I drop?
The amount of kilograms delivered depends on the severity of the diet. With a moderate diet, the numbers on the scales change slowly (2-3 kg per week). A low calorie diet allows you to lose up to 5 kg in 7 days.
The types of low calorie diets differ in the caloric content of the daily diet.
A balanced diet assumes that you consume between 1600 and 1800 kcal per day (depending on a person’s gender). The body should gradually get used to the new system. The goal of the first stage is to cope with overeating and develop a habit of eating small.
Approximate daily menu:
- breakfast - barley porridge in boiled water (200 g), green apples, green tea without sugar;
- snack yogurt without additives (150 ml);
- lunch - vegetable soup (200 g), steamed fish (150 g);
- afternoon tea - fruit puree or tomato juice (1 glass);
- dinner - boiled veal (150 g), vegetable salad with homemade sour cream or olive oil (200 g), carbonated mineral water (1 glass).
Then, if necessary, a restricted diet is introduced for 2 or 3 weeks.
The limited menu assumes a daily consumption of 1100-1200 kcal. The proportion of plant-derived protein foods is increasing. To lose weight as quickly as possible, the menu may alternate between fasting days (up to three times a week).
Possibilities of fasting days:
- watermelon, apple, cucumber (300 g for 5 meals);
- vegetable salads flavored with cold-pressed vegetable oil (flaxseed, olive), sour cream or homemade yoghurt (three times a day, 250 g each);
- low-fat milk and kefir (6 times a day, 250 ml);
- kefir (five times 100 g);
- cooked fish or meat (five times 80-100 g);
- freshly squeezed juices diluted 1: 2 with water or herbal decoction (1-1, 5 liters per day).
The optimal duration is 1 week. The diet can be extended to one month, some foods can be gradually replaced by others, taking into account their energy value. Balanced and moderate options are suitable for low-calorie meals for pregnant women.
Maximum restricted (extreme)
Daily food intake ranges from 600 to 800 kcal. The menu consists of rather monotonous, cooked meat or vegetables. This weight loss method is only suitable for healthy, slightly overweight people.
Pros and cons
Benefits of the diet:
- Lack of strict bans. You can eat any food, but the total caloric content should not exceed the daily ratio. Choose between a small portion of sweets and a large, low-calorie meal. The second option helps to avoid a fit of hunger.
- Efficiency. With the body’s correctly calculated daily energy needs, the extra pounds will be lost quickly and without harm to your health.
- Self-discipline. The need to constantly calculate the caloric content of foods and to weigh foods creates a habit of strict adherence to the rules.
Despite the large number of advantages, this system has a disadvantage - you always have to carry a notebook. Calorie counting accuracy can be a challenge for some people because eye measurement is not considered objective.
The diet is limited by a strict time frame. The duration depends on the caloric content of the diet. The minimum duration is 5 days. Limited nutritional options can last up to 10 days, otherwise there is a risk of deteriorating health.
If necessary, you can continue to lose weight by taking a one-month break to give your body time to rest and replenish its nutrient reserves. The moderate dosing regimen is easier to tolerate but less effective. From a health standpoint, this is the best solution to lose weight.
Sample menu of low calorie diets for weight loss
The low-calorie diet slimming menu (with recipes) is presented broken down for each day of the week.
You can eat low-fat dairy products, vegetables and fruits (100-150 g) during snacks. In the evening, physical activity decreases, leading to the deposition of excess calories.
The daily caloric content of the first day of the diet (and any subsequent) is 1200 kcal.
- breakfast: rice (cook 4 tbsp, add a little low-fat milk and dried fruit);
- snack: grated apples;
- lunch: cabbage salad, chicken soup;
- afternoon snack: kefir (1-2%);
- dinner: fried fish, salad (cucumbers and tomatoes).
- breakfast: scrambled eggs (1 yolk, 2 protein and low-fat milk);
- snack: grated carrots;
- lunch: boiled chicken, salad (cucumber, herbs);
- afternoon snack: tomato juice;
- dinner: beef dumplings, salad seasoned with olive oil.
- breakfast: low-fat cottage cheese with orange slices;
- snack: baked apple;
- lunch: steamed vegetables (pumpkin, zucchini, eggplant, cabbage, carrots, onions, herbs) with the addition of minced chicken;
- afternoon snack: orange;
- dinner: steamed fish, salad (green peas and herbs).
- breakfast: oatmeal with berries, soaked in hot, low-fat milk;
- snack: pear (fresh or baked);
- lunch: soup (without meat), boiled turkey, salad (cauliflower, herbs, olive oil);
- afternoon snack: kefir with berries;
- dinner: boiled veal, grilled vegetables (zucchini, tomatoes, carrots, onions).
- breakfast: buckwheat porridge with a small amount of low-fat milk and butter;
- snack: grapefruit;
- lunch: chicken slices, salad (Chinese cabbage, fresh cucumbers and greens);
- afternoon snack: apple juice;
- dinner: fish steak (salmon, salmon), tomatoes.
- breakfast: millet porridge with milk, some dried fruit;
- snack: fat-free yogurt without additives;
- lunch: soup with meatballs (veal), vegetable salad;
- afternoon snack: bifidocefir with fresh berries;
- dinner: boiled chicken eggs (2 pieces), salad (cucumbers, herbs).
- breakfast: cottage cheese casserole (with 1 raw egg, chopped berries or fruit);
- snack: grated apples;
- lunch: chicken breast (fried or cooked), steamed vegetables (cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, peas, onions, zucchini);
- afternoon snack: low-fat fermented fried milk;
- dinner: boiled turkey, cucumber (2 pcs), tomatoes (2 pcs).
Correction of the menu is allowed, taking into account the principles of its preparation. You can choose your favorite foods and cook them more often than others. Make sure your daily caloric content does not exceed 1200 kcal.
Exit the diet
Proper exit of the diet will help consolidate the results obtained. To do this, it is recommended to slowly increase the caloric content, but do not exceed the value that was before weight loss.
In the first week, the caloric content increases by 10%. In the second - an additional 5% (if the weight did not begin to increase). Physical activity must be present without failure. It is advisable to stay in the fresh air more often, try to move more. Remember to drink.
Snacks can be included in the diet, but their number and caloric content can be limited to avoid stretching the stomach (one serving should not exceed 250 g). If possible, continue to restrict the consumption of prohibited foods.
You can use honey or sweeteners instead of sugar, and homemade sauce based on kefir or yogurt instead of mayonnaise. The salt can be replaced with spices or lemon juice.
Drinking 1 glass of water in the morning on an empty stomach will help improve your metabolism. As a result, the work of the gastrointestinal tract is improved and metabolic processes are activated.
It is not recommended to use this diet to get rid of the fat layer in the abdomen and waist area.
With this system, the chest and face are primarily lost. The changes only affect the desired area by the end of the week.
This method of weight loss is contraindicated in the following cases:
- children and adolescence;
- mature age (after 50 years);
- the minimum deviation of the weight from the norm;
- the presence of chronic diseases, especially in the gastrointestinal tract.
Low calorie diet recipes
There are different recipes for the low calorie menu. You can change the recipes yourself, but stick to the daily limit.
The following ingredients are required:
- low-fat cottage cheese - 500 g;
- large chicken eggs - 2 pcs. ;
- raisins - 80 g;
- dried apricots - 3 pcs.
- Pour dried fruit with warm water and rinse thoroughly.
- Beat the eggs until frothy, mix with the curd.
- Grind dried apricots, add dried fruits to the curd mass.
- Transfer the resulting product to a baking dish.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 30 minutes.
Cool slightly and remove from mold.
- zucchini - 1 pc;
- eggplant - 1 pc. ;
- tomatoes - 5 pcs. ;
- onions - 1 piece;
- Bulgarian pepper - 1 piece;
- garlic - 1 clove;
- parsley - 20 g;
- sunflower oil - 2 tbsp. l. ;
- salt, ground black pepper - to taste.
- Eggplant, zucchini and 4 tomatoes cut into slices.
- Rub the eggplant with salt, leave for 15 minutes and rinse.
- Place the chopped vegetables in layers on a baking sheet.
- Chop the onion with herbs, chop the pepper and tomato.
- Fry the onions in oil, add chopped vegetables and herbs.
- First fry the vegetables and then grind in a blender.
- Season the vegetables with the resulting sauce, cover the mold with a lid.
- Bake at 180 ° C for 40 minutes.
Fried fish with vegetables
The following products will be needed to prepare the dish:
- red pepper - 1 pc;
- tomatoes - 1 pc. ;
- lime - 1 piece;
- cod fillets (or any other white fish) - 500 g;
- onion - ½ pcs;
- garlic - 2 cloves;
- spices (basil, black pepper, turmeric, parsley, rosemary) - to taste;
- olive oil.
- Peel the tomatoes and remove the seeds.
- Chop the tomatoes and pepper.
- Chop the onion, basil, garlic and parsley.
- Simmer onions and garlic in a pan with 3 tablespoons. l. water.
- Add pepper, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, chopped herbs, turmeric and black pepper.
- Squeeze the lime juice into the pan. Simmer the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Wash the fish fillets and put in a baking sheet, pour over the prepared sauce, fill with rosemary.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180 ° C for 20 minutes.
In chicken form or chicken muffin
The following products are required:
- chicken fillet - 500 g;
- onions - 1 piece;
- oat bran - 5 tbsp. l. ;
- chicken eggs - 1 piece;
- low-fat milk - 100 ml;
- salt before it - to taste.
- Cut the meat into small pieces, grind in a blender along with the onions and eggs.
- Pour the bran with water and let it swell (10-15 minutes).
- Mix the bran with minced meat, salt and pepper.
- The formulation was distributed in silicone molds and placed in an oven preheated to 180 ° C for 25 minutes.
The average caloric content of the muffin is 105-110 kcal. The amount of protein in 1 serving is 17 g.
Dietary stuffed cabbage rolls with mushrooms
The following ingredients are required:
- white cabbage - 200 g;
- carrots - ½ pcs;
- with champignons - 5 pcs. ;
- tomatoes - 1 pc. ;
- feta cheese - to taste;
- salt and black pepper - to taste;
- onions - 1 pc. ;
- garlic - 2 cloves.
- Chop our champignons, onions and tomatoes.
- Grate the garlic and carrot.
- Place the prepared food in the pan.
- Simmer (water, no oil).
- Season with salt and pepper, add spices to taste.
- Place the cabbage leaves in boiling water and cook until softened.
- Remove the vegetables from the broth.
- Put the filling on each sheet and wrap it.
- Transfer the prepared cabbage rolls to a deep frying pan (or pan) and pour the broth over it.
The following products are required to make the vinaigrette:
- small celery root - 1 pc;
- carrots - 1 pc;
- beets - 1 pc. ;
- pickled cucumbers - 1-2 pcs;
- onions - 1 piece;
- green peas - 3 tbsp. l. ;
- vegetable oil - 1 tbsp. l. ;
- salt to taste.
- All raw roots should be pre-baked in foil for 1 hour at 200 ° C.
- Peel the vegetables.
- Cut the carrots into small cubes, pour into a bowl.
- Chop the celery root in the same way and add to the carrots.
- Add chopped beets.
- Peel a cucumber (if hard). Cut into cubes, pour into a filter bowl and allow the brine to drain. Then combine with the other vegetables.
- Add chopped onions and green peas.
- Season with vegetable oil, mix. If necessary, add salt.
1 serving has a caloric content of 188 kcal. The difference between this vinaigrette and the classic is in the absence of potatoes. It is replaced with either celery or boiled peas (or beans). Peas can be used fresh and frozen.
Cucumbers (pickled or pickled) must be prepared without preservatives (vinegar, sugar, acetylsalicylic acid). If desired, sauerkraut can be added. You can use different oils for dressing: sesame, olive, corn. The onion can be replaced with green.